Program Assistant Intern
SUMMARY The Hispanic Chamber of Commerce is seeking to hire an intern to assist the Hispanic Chamber in coordinating, preparing and promoting events, projects and other duties as assigned. This position will coordinate monthly events, produce a quarterly magazine and implement new strategies to improve programming.
This position requires a background in event planning/hospitality with strong organizational skills and excellent verbal and written communication.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Schedule monthly events
- Create recommendations for future HCC programming
- Measure performance and improve quality of events
- Coordinate event logistics and details with staff, guests and partners
- Collaborate with Program Manager to develop and implement marketing materials for upcoming events
- Produce quarterly magazine
- Assist Program Manager with signature events and other programming as needed
- Pursuing a degree/certificate in event planning/hospitality
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Keen attention to detail
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Sensitivity to and acceptance of personal and cultural differences and the ability to relate with persons of diverse cultural and ethnic backgrounds
EDUCATION: currently pursuing a certificate/degree with a focus in event planning/hospitality.
COMPENSATION & HOURS: $10 per hour and intern is expected to work 15-20 hours/week with occasional night and weekend hours.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Ability to lift 15 to 40 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.