Members can volunteer for any of the listed committees, except for the Executive Committee, which is exclusively composed of the officers from the corporation.
Exercises close supervision of the Chamber. Oversees the integration of Internal Management Controls into the standard business process to assure the achievement of expected goals and within a projected budget. Develops plans to increase fund raising, and oversees the day-to-day operation of the organization.
Composed by Facundo Oyenard, Azteca Insurance; Jose Ponce, ReMax Gold; Sisi Beltran, Build-A-Bear; and Jomo Castro, AT&T.
Plans the annual Chamber election and oversees the election process. Identifies Chamber Members to be potential Board Members and encourages Chamber Members to participate and run for the Board.
Composed by Ainette Martinez, Retired; Facundo Oyenard, Azteca Insurance; and Claudio Abreu, Retired.
Responsible for interfacing with city, county, and state elected officials and their offices to promote laws and policies that allow businesses to have a level playing field from which to start and grow. The committee is strictly non-partisan, and it works with the sitting governor of Missouri to appoint qualified Hispanics to state boards and commissions.
Composed by by Jomo Castro, AT&T; Jose Ponce, ReMax Gold; Suzanne Sierra, St. Louis Mosaic Project; Eduardo Platon, HCCSTL; and Claire Schenk, Thompson Coburn LLP.
Responsible for providing marketing assistance for the Chamber, and branding the Chamber to local Hispanic businesses and individuals.
Composed by Sisi Beltran, Build-A-Bear; Suzanne Sierra, St. Louis Mosaic Project; Kitty Lohrum, SSM Health; Natalia Corray, Midwest BankCentre; Miguel Rincand, HCCSTL; and Fernanda Estrada, HCCSTL.
It has the task of seeking (attracting) new members and retaining existing members.
- Reach out to existing members & other supporters of the Chamber for these primary purposes:
- Determine the degree of satisfaction and value perceived for current level of support
- Request suggestions for improvement
- Ask for additional support where appropriate – whether through membership level or support of other events
- Develop & maintain a list of prospective new members/supporters. Determine plan for outreach by members of committee and/or office staff.
- Establish a more intentional “membership drive” as part of our existing networking events. Consider the establishment of discounts for referrals, use of testimonials, etc.
Composed by Elias Corpas, Mutual Of Omaha; Robert Clark, Enterprise Rent-A-Car; Claudia Ochoa-Espejo, Edward Jones; and Maria Rosario, HCCSTL.
It has the task of being a support to make all the events/programs of the HCC successful.
- Overall responsibility for the Signature Events
- Oversees all program events which do not have an assigned subcommittee such as Educational Lunch & Learns and any other programs determined by membership.
- Dedicated to working with member organizations to develop new programs to meet their needs.
Composed by Facundo Oyenard, Azteca Insurance; Ainette Martinez, Retired; Claudia Ochoa-Espejo, Edward Jones; Karina Aquino, HCCSTL; and Fernanda Estrada, HCCSTL.
Responsible for identifying and recruiting skilled trade laborers/companies and increasing their presence in the Hispanic Chamber membership. Develops and implements programs to support skilled trade laborers and companies. Provides specific support requested, and connections to trade members when available.
Composed by Berto Garcia, Garcia Companies; Sonia Granados, HRC Consultants, LCC; Gabriel Cardenas, Missouri Constructors; Karina Aquino, HCCSTL; and Fernanda Estrada, HCCSTL.
Interested in volunteering in a committee?
Contact President and CEO Eduardo Platon at email@example.com. Include the committee you are interested in and your qualifications for serving.