The Hispanic Chamber of Commerce of St. Louis Foundation has established the Hispanic Leadership Institute for high school (10th-12th grade) students as a select program for 15-20 individuals to develop leadership skills and give back to the St. Louis community. The purpose of this program is to:
- Identify Hispanic leaders and develop their leadership skills
- Create a network of Hispanic student leaders interested in giving back to the community
- Provide new networks and opportunities for Hispanic students
To be eligible to participate in the High School Hispanic Leadership Institute program, students must:
- Be enrolled in grades 10th – 12th grade
- Show a strong interest in further developing their leadership skills
- Be able to commit to a full-time experience
- Obtain a letter of recommendation from a guidance counselor or
Tuition is $1,000. Participants accepted into this program will receive full-tuition scholarships from the HCCSTL Foundation.
Students will receive:
- A $250 stipend upon completion of the 6-day program
- Transportation to and from the host location as needed
- Complimentary breakfast and lunch each session
The program will start on Monday, June 19th and conclude on Saturday, June 24th, 2023. Sessions will be from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Leadership 101 & How do I see myself in the future?
- Maximizing your cultural diversity
- Financial basics
- Emotional intelligence
- Your personal brand
- Goal setting/Effective communication
- Company logo as the title sponsor on all marketing materials. Contact information of participants. Interview to be featured in Collinsville Daily News. Personalized email to participants before and after the program. Logo on name tents. Opportunity to include information/items in attendee's welcome bag. Host a session. Opening remarks at the beginning of the class. Tour of your facilities. Full page color ad in bio book. Welcome letter in bio book. Article of 3 pages in "en Contacto" magazine.
- Company logo as the Legacy Builder sponsor on all marketing materials. Contact information of participants. Article to be featured in Collinsville Daily News. Logo on name tents. Opportunity to include information/items in attendee's welcome bag. Host a session. Opening remarks at the beginning of the class. Tour of their facilities. Half page color ad in bio book.
- Company logo as the Leader sponsor on all marketing materials. Logo on name tents. Opportunity to include information/items in attendee's welcome bag. Host a session. Opening remarks at the beginning of the class. Tour of their facilities Quarter page color ad in bio book.
Graduation photos - HS HLI Class VI
I really enjoyed participating in the HLI High School Program this past summer. It was a very fun and informative week for me. It was such a good experience to be able to be in an environment with not only people of my age, but people with my same cultural background. It was also interesting to learn about new universities and explore what their campuses look like and what they have to offer. This further led me to investigate upon them and see what I want my future to look like. During this course I got to learn new leadership skills with multitude of lessons and activities which I will continue to use throughout my life in leadership positions. I also learned more about the Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, its goals and what they do to help Hispanics around the area. Finally, the course was not only a new way to learn new essential leadership tactics, but also the opportunity to make new Hispanic friends and connections in various colleges that I may attend. Just having a week of this course gave me lessons and experiences that will last a lifetime.